Quit Complaining


The truth is that wherever you are and whatever situation you are in has a lesson to
teach you only if you'd stop complaining, pay close attention and learn. Recently, I have faced a ton of
challenges. I was furious and while I was in that emotional state, I began to question several things. I
questioned my purpose as well. I guess I was ignorant of it then. Gradually, I spiralled into depression. I
was so depressed that I wrote a poem to express how I felt and to channel my frustration to God
because I felt I couldn't hear him speak to me. On a normal day, on my way to school, I brought out my
phone and my daily scripture verses popped up. The verse was Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts
that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected
end". At this point, I was at the peak of frustration. A lot of things weren't working out well. After I read
that scripture a new understanding followed: if God knows the thoughts he has towards me then he
must possess a detailed escape plan out of this situation because he sees it all. That day, I stopped
complaining. Rather I started Thanksgiving even when the situation was incomprehensible. Some time
later, I posted the poem I had written when l was depressed; and a friend of mine who is also a mentor
read through and asked what prompted the poem. I opened up and told her about the frustration that
led to the poem. She laughed and told me “young man then you haven't even seen depression, wait till I
tell you my story”. I was eager to hear what story it was that could make someone tell me to calm down.
Guys! When she was done I was literally crying and asking God to please forgive me because indeed I
had not seen depression.
God has never made a mistake. No, not once. The book of Jeremiah says in Jer.1.5 -" Before I formed
thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I
ordained thee a prophet unto the nations". Have you ever imagined someone narrating to you exactly
how your life has played out starting from the day you were conceived and goes ahead to reveal
mysteries you never knew about yourself? Imagine how much trust you'd place in such a person when
he tells you "I'll be with you till the very end". When we realize that God already has a plan and we are
exactly where he wants us to be; and at the exact time he wanted us to be there, we would quit
complaining and rather live each moment the way he would have wanted us to. If you're anything like
me, you might be thinking of how much you have failed or how nonchalantly you've been living your life.
You, probably, might be frustrated with everything and everyone around you and you're only hanging
onto what the next minute brings. Trust me! God doesn't think like we, humans, do. The book of Isaiah
55vs9 reads-"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and
my thoughts than your thoughts. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my
ways, saith the LORD". Man! I think you should read that again. Can you now see that God doesn't think
like we do as humans? When you think your life has ended and all you can do is wait for what God does
next I tell you the truth that's where your life really begins.
When we complain about a problem or a situation we're experiencing, we shield our eyes from the
opportunities, the lessons and the blessings that could have been birthed there. James 1:2-4 reads:" My
brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your
faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire,
wanting nothing. When we are faced with situations and feel the urge to complain, remind yourself thatyour life is not a mistake and that you have chosen to learn whatever lesson there is to be learnt at that
point.
A quick reminder; God hates grumbling, when we grumble we seem to tell God that we are not
comfortable with what he is doing in us. So from today, choose not to complain but rather give thanks!

Comments

  1. Wow! Thank you for this amazing piece... Complaining truly doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, i'm glad it did bless you.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this beautiful piece. Instead complaining we need to embrace thanksgiving. God bless you and more grace to your ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremiah 29: 11... the scripture I like so much! You just ministered to my soul.Thank you so much sir for this insight and reminder. God bless you real good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you peace for reading. I'm glad it blessed you

      Delete
  4. Great peace and your right, we complain to much when all we should be is thankful.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one bro.. I'm completely and perfectly blessed by this. Thanks alot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Umor, very nice and inspiring piece dearie, keep doing good. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tank u for increasing my horizon of thinking...for giving me a chance to correct my mistakes....remain blessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God be praised!!! We are subjects to learning everyday of our lives

      Delete
  8. God bless you, Blessed and place messages in your heart for more people. I was richly blessed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This write up is mind blowing . More grace to your elbows..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome. God bless you. 🤗🤗🤗❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh my brother, God bless u for this great message. Truly, it came to me at the right time. I will stop complaining and wait for the God of my salvation. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great... I love that you talk it out with God. He'd always answer right back. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were blessed. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. Blesseeed😂😂hii!!!
    Okay i stopped by following a link from your status. This piece is powerful and i am so blessed🥺❤️. Keep being an inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Dawn