God Doesn't Waste Pain

 



Sometimes God's greatest work isn't in removing our struggles but in using them to deepen our faith, shape our character, and become a source of hope for others.



Growing up, I was the kid who always wanted to try the things everyone else did. My family was quite strict about what I could and couldn't do. Looking back, I realize they never stopped me from exploring, they simply gave me wings and taught me the boundaries of my flight.


That shaped me in ways I didn't fully understand then. I grew up knowing what love looked like. I was the happy kid. No matter what happened, nothing could steal my joy or disturb my peace. I carried that everywhere I went. Even today, I can be sitting in the middle of a storm and still find reasons to laugh. 😂 Sometimes I catch myself responding to pain with laughter because I know my circumstances don't have the final say.


That beautiful confidence, however, was shaken in my early twenties while I was in the university.


All my life, I had never really known what it meant to see an "F." But in university, I saw it repeatedly. It became frustrating, not because I wasn't studying or putting in the work, but because I refused to compromise my standards.


For the first time in my life, I lost confidence.


There were nights I cried myself to sleep. Yet every morning, I showed up looking my best, making people laugh with my jokes. Most people never knew what I was carrying because I had learned to smile through the pain.


Through it all, one thing kept me standing, my assurance in Jesus Christ.


There were days I spoke to Him with tears, telling Him I couldn't keep going. And over and over again, He reminded me of Jeremiah 29:11:


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


Eventually, I graduated.


Not with the grades I had dreamed of, but with experiences and a depth of faith I could never have gained any other way.


Then something beautiful began to happen.


One night, after graduation, a former colleague who was a year behind me called. She told me she and her friends had been talking about my life. She said they couldn't understand how I survived everything I went through without giving up on God.


When I ended that call, I wept.


Not because of the pain I'd endured, but because God was already using my life to strengthen others while I was still alive.


On another occasion, someone about three years behind me reached out and said he wanted to share my story during a fellowship meeting to encourage struggling students.


Again, I cried.


Because only God knew how many nights I had stood at the edge of compromise... and by His grace, I never crossed that line.


Today, I write this for everyone who is tired, including myself.


Jesus does not waste people's lives.


Your journey may not be about school. Maybe you're waiting for a promotion, a job, a child, admission, healing, restoration, business growth, or answers to prayers you've prayed for years.


Whatever your situation is, don't quit on Jesus.


You have come too far to turn back now.


He still rewards those who remain faithful. I've seen it too many times to doubt it. Stay true. Stay consistent. Stay close to Him. In His time, your testimony will speak.


And if you don't know Jesus, or you've drifted away from Him, this is your invitation to come home today.


The Bible says He is "a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6)


If you'd like to give your life to Christ, you can simply pray:


"Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I confess that I am a sinner. Please forgive me of my sins. Wash me with Your precious blood. Fill my heart with Your Spirit and grant me the gift of eternal life. Help me to live for You from today onward. In Jesus' name, Amen."


If you prayed that prayer, congratulations! Welcome to the family of God. ❤️


If you'd like someone to walk this journey with you, I'd be honoured to help.


📧 Email: "blessedokon1191@gmail.com" 

📱 WhatsApp: "https://wa.me/2347062113539" 


Grace found me. Grace is keeping me. And grace will keep you too.


Your friend,


Blessed

Comments

  1. This thing about your faith and strength stiring other students up is what I experienced first hand.
    God knows how beautiful it was listening to you when you were apparently going through worse than I was.
    I remember asking God, "this love and total dependency Blessed have on you, I want it too", you carried yourself with so much peace that could literally be felt. It did a thing to my heart.
    Forever and ever, God can be trusted and the pain we might be feeling will never be in vain.
    God always comes through.
    Thank you for this piece Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is never late.
    Like Apostle Paul said, pressed but not crushed, persecuted but abandoned, struck down but not destroyed. The joy of it all is rising again even after what seemed like failure. Notice the phrase “seemed like” cause it ain’t failure, it’s a process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing greater than knowing that your situation is another person's comfort. God has never wasted lives and He does not. Every trial, every silent tears, He sees and uses that to strengthen our faith while showing others what it means to hold on even in storms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The God that sees you!!!
    Your life is a testimony my guy. I still remember very well all that happened. Thank God for victory and for the faith that didn't shrink.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quit Complaining

LIGHT

A New Dawn